Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Letting Go

I had this picture in my mind of what my life looked like and what it would look like for the next few years. I know that God led me to a specific place, at a specific time, for a specific purpose and because that was the picture I had been given, I clung to that picture. I held on tight, like a little child clinging to four quarters, even as they are being offered a five dollar bill.

Not too long ago, God started changing that picture. This change meant He had to pry my fingers away from the old picture. I guess I'm just stubborn, and I wasn't ready to let go. "God, you gave me this picture, don't you remember? You can't change it now, this is the one you gave to me."

Slowly, I let go. I opened my fist and laid my desires before the Lord, I submitted to His plans. And it was at that point I discovered the truth worth of what was being offered to me. God replaced that older picture, not a bad one by any means, with something fresh, new and better than I could have imagined in my wildest dreams.

Thank you, Lord, for teaching me the value of Letting Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment