Friday, June 4, 2010

Sticky Note #2

I love being an Aunt. It is actually one of my favorite things about life. This weekend I have the special opportunity to spend the second weekend in a row with my nephew and 3 nieces. I am hanging out in Kansas, half waiting for Baby #5 to make his appearance.

Waiting for a baby is an interesting game of patience and waiting. Knowing that God is in control of the timing is comforting, and only He knows what day this baby will arrive. I pray that everything goes well for my sister's delivery. Just because she hasn't had any complications or problems in the past, does not mean this one will be as well. Everything is in God's hands and I'm comfortable with leaving the details up to Him.

But back to being an Aunt -- Tonight my heart melted when the 2 yr old called to me from the other room: "Jillllll! --- Jillllll! --- Jilllllll!"
Last weekend she couldn't even remember my name, so I heard her, but figured she wasn't actually calling me. After the third time, I went to inspect the situation.
Jill: "Honey, did you call me?"
M: "yuss!"
Jill: "what did you want?"
M: "play game"
So we sat down and played a game.

These are the times that bring a smile to my face and is a perfect "Sticky Note Memory".

No comments:

Post a Comment