Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Sticky Note #3

  • A friend confronting addictions
  • A friend facing serious, life-altering health issues
  • A friend in an unhealthy, complicated relationship
  • A friend with doubts about life and God
Seems like everywhere I turn, every phone call I answer, every text I read, I'm faced with some new problem that seems huge and out of control. It is discouraging, disheartening and down-right depressing.

But as I began to let the things of life overwhelm me, God brought a passage to mind that I memorized as a child, I think it was back in 2nd grade:
God is my Shepherd; I shall not want.
He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
He restores my soul;
He leads me in paths of righteousness, for His names sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death;
I will fear no evil, for You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me, in the presence of mine enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.
Surely, goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord Forever.
So I'm resting tonight, knowing that God's grace is sufficient for me and He will use these problems, no matter how bleak they may seem, to not only teach me and my friends a lesson, but to bring Himself glory. And after all, isn't that my purpose here in life?
"Oh the deep, deep love of Jesus
Far surpassing all the rest
It's an ocean full of blessing
In the midst of every test
Oh the deep, deep love of Jesus
Mighty Savior, precious Friend
You will bring us home to glory
Where Your love will never end"

No comments:

Post a Comment