Thursday, July 29, 2010

Sticky Note #8

I recently ran across this "poem" that I wrote back in 2006. (I think it may be the only time I've ever tried my hand at poetry) It was interesting to look back at my old writings. A lot has changed since I started my first blog in 2004. Most of the changes are good, even though some of the changes are painful to look back on. This particular writing is from a very rough time that I sometimes wish I could forget, but when I remember what God taught me during that time, I realize I would go through it again because of the lessons learned.
The Pain Inside
I'm tired of hiding
this pain that I feel.
Can't you see it,
when you look in my eyes?
I hide behind my smile,
while those around me
think I'm fine.

But won't you take the time
to see my pain?
I reach out to others,
I see their pain;
perhaps by taking on their troubles,
I may forget my own.
But it lingers on,
that terrible ache.
Unable to hide,
unable to forget.

So I give it to Him,
He's the only One
who can take away my cares.
His plans for me, include this pain,
for He knows that, while it hurts,
it is best in the end.

Take my life and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee;
Take my moments and my days-
Let them flow in ceaseless praise
Take my voice and let me sing
Always, only, for my King;
Take my lips and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee.
Take my will and make it Thine-
It shall be no longer mine;
Take my heart it is Thine own,
It shall be Thy royal throne.

No comments:

Post a Comment